Ryan Arcidiacono - PG - Neshaminy High School - Neshaminy, PA - VILLANOVA

• 8 replies
According, to Zags.....

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/03/after-gritty-performance-arcidiacono-drawing-praise/

Entering the weekend, Arcidiacono held offers from Rutgers, St. Joe�s and Rice.

By the time the weekend was ending, Rice was hearing from high-major programs across the nation.

�He�s being recruited by Syracuse, Villanova, Penn State, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Temple and Princeton,� Rice said.

�I got a call from the University of Florida. As I was leaving people from Clemson were trying to talk to me. North Carolina State was in my ear.�

Arcidiacono also mentioned Texas, Notre Dame and St. John�s. Rice said Arcidiacono had been invited to St. John�s Skills & Shooting Camp this weekend.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:10:08 AM by kjd01067 »

Re: Ryan Arcidiacono - PG - Neshaminy High School - Neshaminy, PA
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 04:52:09 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5238478

Player to watch
Ryan Arcidiacono (Langhorne, Pa./Neshaminy)
2012, PG/SG, 6-4, 185 pounds | Team: Pennsylvania Playaz

He is a tough, skilled combination guard that competes on both ends of the floor. Arcidiacono is more of a point guard with a strong handle. He is a pinpoint passer with either hand and has excellent court vision. He is a lights-out open shooter with range past the arc that will allow him to play off the ball, as well. He can also hit 3s off the catch, coming off screens or by simply dribbling up the court and knocking them down. Arcidiacono also has a smooth pull-up jumper after a couple of rhythm dribbles. He attacks defenders and draws fouls with a good burst. Off the dribble, he knows how to maintain an advantage once he gets in front of the defender. Even though he is not a great athlete, he is a good one and is very deceptive. Arcidiacono is a good defensive rebounder and a threat to go coast to coast. He must add strength and learn not to gamble on defense so much, but he is a very complete offensive player with an outstanding feel for the game. It's important to point out that he performed this way with eight stitches in his forehead from the previous game. At times, he reminds us of former Maryland star Greivis Vasquez.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »
Big guard, as requested by Lavin?  Can he actually slash like Vasquez (whose handle sometimes escaped him, in my eyes)?  I hear "pinpoint passer" and "strong handle" and "good rebounder" and I think more of Jason Kidd.

Moose

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 01:13:50 PM »
Read on Twitter that he's going to FLA Midnight Madness.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 01:44:36 PM »
Not that Coach Wright needs any advantages, but both of his parents went to Villanova.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 04:39:46 AM »
Good.  This helps us with Thomas.  I know Wright is the one guy to get 2-3 awesome PG's, but this has to help us as both Ryan and Jevon are pure PG's that want to run the show.